LCD HANDLING: Open you laptop by holding the center of the base with one hand and gently lifting the LCD lid with the other. Do not place heavy objects on top of you laptop or exert pressure on its lid when closed.
HDD CARE: Avoid moving your computer while the power is on or while it is attempting to power on or shut down. This can cause damage to your hard drive which can, in turn, lead to data loss. Also, protect your laptop from spyware and viruses and regularly back-up your personal data.
LIQUID DAMAGE: Avoid any liquids from coming into contact with your laptop. This can damage internal components which will cause malfunctions.
BATTERY CARE: Notebook battery life varies depending upon the specific model, usage and hardware and software configurations. To maximize battery life, you may use some or all of the following suggestions:
- Enable a battery optimized power scheme in the OS control panel
- Lower the screen brightness
- Limit the use of the internal optical drive, such as playing DVDs
- Lower the CPU speed
- Limit use of graphic intensive applications, like video games
- Limit use of peripheral devices, such as external hard drives, printers, PC cards, flash drives and handheld devices
VENTILATION: Proper air circulation is important to reduce heat. Do not block your laptops air vents or place the computer on porous objects such as rugs or blankets. The vents are most commonly located at the bottom and sides of the laptop.
AC ADAPTER: Do not place stress on the AC power cord connected to your laptop. This can cause damage to internal components. Only use the AC adapter that came with your laptop.